THE SKP55.XXXUX ACTUATOR CONTROLS THE PRESSURE DIFFERENCE ACROSS A RESTRICTION IN THE GAS SUPPLY LINE AS A FUNCTION OF THE PRESSURE DIFFERENCE ACROSS A RESTRICTION IN THE AIR SUPPLY DUCT SO THAT THE AIR TO GAS RATIO REMAINS CONSTANT IRRESPECTIVE OF AIR VOLUME CHANGES. THERE IS NO NEED FOR AN UPSTREAM CONSTANT PRESSURE REGULATOR WHEN USING AN SKP55.XXXUX ACTUATOR WITHIN THE APPLICABLE PRESSURE RANGE OF THE VGXXX.XXXU VALVE BODY.
SKPx5.xxxUx electro-hydraulic actuators are used in combination with VGxxx.xxxU gas valves bodies to provide slow opening, fast closing safety shut-off and, depending on model gas pressure regulation and gas/air ratio control for industrial and commercial burner applications.
Since safety shut-off, constant pressure regulation or air/gas ratio control can be performed by a single valve, fewer gas train components and fittings are required to assemble a gas train. This significantly reduces both the size and weight of the gas train. The total pressure drop across the gas train arrangement is reduced, allowing for the use of smaller diameter gas trains in most applications.
The compact SKPx5.xxxUx actuator opens slowly when powered and closes immediately upon power interruption. The modular design allows the SKPx5.xxxUx to be used in combination with all VGxxx.xxxU gas valves bodies from ½" to 6" sizes. The actuator can easily be mounted on the square flange of any VGxxx.xxxU valve with four pre-mounted screws. No gaskets or seals are required when mounting the actuator. A visible position indicator on the front of the actuator displays the entire stroke of the valve. A light indicates when the actuator is powered.
- Safety shut-off function, pressure regulating function and air/gas control in one compact unit.
- Simplifies commissioning and reduces start-up time for:
- Recuperative burners with combustion air preheating.
- Burners with continuously variable air or gas nozzle openings in the burner head.
- Burners where either the air or gas pressure is not representative of the actual flow.
- Burners with negative combustion air pressure levels.
- Maintains air/gas ratio when the airflow is disrupted.
- Automatic compensation for combustion chamber back pressure fluctuations.
- SKP55.011U1 - 120 Vac with Proof of Closure Switch
- SKP55.012U1 - 120 Vac with Proof of Closure and Auxiliary Switch
- SKP55.012U2 - 230 Vac with Proof of Closure and Auxiliary Switch
- SKP55.013U1 - 120 Vac